January 21, 2012

Blogging with One Hand, Building with the Other

Just like on HGTV, but on a 1/12 scale, I am rushing to finish this house. I signed up to donate a Vermont Farmhouse Junior, by Real Good Toys, as part of my kids' school auction. The auction is the biggest fund-raising event of the year. This dollhouse should be completed and delivered by February 4, which is two weeks from today.

Because I've always been a bit of a procrastinator, I find myself under the gun again. I was going to kick myself for not starting any sooner, but hey, I think instead I'll pretend like I'm one of those designs teams on tv rushing to do a whole-room makeover in a day or two...kind of, sort of. I actually began in earnest putting the kit together three days ago, but I didn't get very far. That's because I was shopping all over town for items to include in the dollhouse.

On top of all of that, I want to blog about this. Why? Because I think the techniques I'm applying to this hyper dollhouse-finishing objective might be useful to someone else, whatever the timeframe is for completing their handiwork. I also want to explore here the cross-over between my dollhouse hobby and my scrapbooking thing.

Okay, break's over. Here we go...


I've been told that even MDF needs to be primed to make wallpapering easier.

I will be hardwiring this house | I'm trying to determine where the outside lights should go | The door is a sloppy practice piece leftover from another project.


Can a girl ever have too much Aleene's Tacky Glue? | Not when Michael's, Joann's, and Hobby Lobby have coupons...which is almost always!



I will be using my heat gun to save on paint-drying time. I use this heat gun when I wet emboss elements
on a scrapbook page or handcrafted card.





2 comments:

  1. Hey Angie! Cool blog! Congrats on the house. Are there any more photos of the finished house before it was auctioned off?

    Not sure if it is intentional, but you have comments disabled on your posts so this is the only post that allows comments.

    If you wanted to turn them on, you can adjust the settings under Design > Settings > Posts and Comments >

    Or if you prefer them off, you're all set.

    Any chance you'll be building another house again anytime soon?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be posting photos of the finished house during the rest of the week. I will be working on another project soon. First, I will be finishing my husband's Comic Book store room box...just need to add a street lamp and paint the exterior. Then I will be working on a house I've had for nearly 16 years! I never finished it! Now's the time, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from other miniaturists. That always brightens my day!